Breast Health Services
Shelley Wilkinson, RN
Breast Health Manager
Lakeland Center for Outpatient Services
3900 Hollywood Road
St. Joseph, MI 49085 (269) 556-2866
As a special service to our breast health patients, Lakeland HealthCare offers the assistance of a trained registered nurse to serve as your educator and advocate. Lakeland is dedicated to helping you and your family during your diagnostic work up, treatment and/or recovery.
Our Breast Health Manager, Shelley Wilkinson, RN, will serve as guardian of your care and ensure that you receive the support and knowledge you need to successfully navigate through the health care system.
As your breast health coordinator, Shelley looks forward to being a part of your health care team. Please feel free to call Shelley at any time with any concerns or questions.
What Does a Breast Health Manager Do?
- Educates you on breast health issues
- Explains procedures
- Enhances your breast health care experience
- Assists women with navigation through our health care system when a breast cancer diagnosis is made
- Helps you understand breast cancer treatment modalities, including preparing for surgery, radiation, and/or chemotherapy
- Ensures that follow-up care efforts are made
- Helps you with appropriate social services
- Helps you locate local breast cancer support
Breast Health Services Available at Lakeland
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- MRI guided breast biopsies
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- Ultrasound breast biopsy
- Cyst aspiration
- Breast surgery
- Bra/prosthesis fitting
- Lymphedema services
- Post breast surgery exercise program
- Radiation oncology
- Partial breast Irradiation
- Whole breast radiation
- Medical oncology
- National Clinical Trials
Physicians and Surgeons
If you or someone you know could benefit from my services, or to arrange for breast care education programs. Please call 269-556-2866.