A total of $16,000 in scholarship awards to be applied to Tuition expenses. Scholarships are in the amount of $2,000-$3,000 per student.
- Current active Lakeland volunteer with a minimum of six months of service and a minimum of 75 hours donated annually. For purposes of this scholarship, the annual year runs from April 1- March 31st.
- Applicant must be pursuing a career in the human health care field.
- Applicants may apply annually for up to 4 years.
- Additional criteria for the administration of the selection process will include:
- High School/College Transcript
- Letters of recommendation
- Academic letter of recommendation (school personnel)
- Letter of recommendation from a community/personal reference
- Letter of recommendation from the supervisor in the area where student is volunteering.
- Letter of recommendation from the Volunteer Supervisor.
- Personal Essay
- All Finalists will be contacted for a personal interview.
To apply, print and fill in this form, and return it before March 31th of the year you're applying for.
The Lakeland Health Foundation will administer the disbursement of funds. The Lakeland HealthCare Auxiliary will oversee the selection of all scholarship recipients.
An applicant may also apply for the first time as a college student, providing they meet the scholarship criteria.
- Application materials available January 1 of each year.
- Deadline for all application materials - must be postmarked by March 31.
- Scholarship awarded in June at Lakeland Health Foundation Ceremony.
- If recipient is a high school senior, a presentation will also be made at the individual=s school awards ceremony by the Lakeland HealthCare Auxiliary.