An accredited Chest Pain Center ensures the highest level of care
Lakeland's accredited Chest Pain Centers provide you with the specialized care you need quickly. Time lost is heart muscle lost!
Chest pain is the 2nd most common complaint at Lakeland's Emergency Departments, and it can indicate a number of conditions — including a heart attack. Are you having a heart attack? You can't be sure until you're seen by a doctor.
As an accredited Chest Pain Center, Lakeland passed rigorous testing by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care to become an elite facility with a team of heart care experts who specialize in caring for patients with heart attack symptoms.
Our teams follow strict processes aimed at:
- Reducing the time from onset of symptoms to diagnosis & treatment
- Initiating treatment faster resulting in less damage to heart muscle
- Monitoring patients longer when it's unclear if they are having a heart attack so they are not sent home too quickly or needlessly admitted to the hospital
- Educating the community about the signs & symptoms of heart attack, including the importance of calling 911 immediately. EMT's can start treatment on the way to the Chest Pain Center.
Chest Pain Center Services & Treatments
- 24/7 access to the latest stent technology in our cardiac catheterization labs
- Blood tests that can detect the slightest signs of a heart attack
- EKG's (electrocardiography) to monitor heart activity
- Diagnostic testing & imaging
- Emergency medicine doctors, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, critical care intensivists, hospitalists and radiologists available 24/7
- Registered Nurses specially trained in caring for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart surgery
- Life-saving, clot-busting medications that can stop heart attacks quickly and minimize damage