Program Director: Mark Kuriata, DO
Lakeland HealthCare offers an Osteopathic Residency in Dermatology. Our low trainee-to-faculty ratios are assured to provide our residents with an intimate quality residency experience. All of our attendings are board certified.
- 1 Position Available for 2015
- Applications to the program will be accepted via ERAS beginning July 2014
- Interviews will be held October 2014 through November 2014
- Interviewees must have passed COMLEX III
The Lakeland Dermatology Residency incorporates the most advanced and up-to-date basic medical science in a clinical setting that allows for optimal educational development over the course of training in the field of dermatology. The program will thoroughly prepare trainees for the board-certification examination as administered by the American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology (AOBD).
Residents will be exposed to three (3) primary sites during the course of their training under the guidance of board-certified physicians: two dermatology practice sites and the Lakeland hospital system.
Rotations will include:
- General Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery
- Radiation Oncology
- Pediatric Dermatology
Residents will have the opportunity to further their training in various subspecialties throughout the course of training including the following: Plastic Surgery, Cutaneous Oncology, Phototherapy, Laser, Cosmetics, etc. All choices for electives are at the discretion of the Program Director and Director of Medical Education.
The Lakeland Dermatology Residency didactic program includes:
- Weekly reading assignments will be required from standardized general and dermatologic subspecialty textbooks and additional sources per house staff recommendations (i.e. Bologna, Fitzpatrick, Andrews, Dahl, Arndt, Lever, Hurwitz, Morison, Baker, Gross, Ackerman, Baumann, Dzubow, Stegman, etc.)
- Weekly clinical lecture series with residents and staff.
- Weekly dermatopathology “unknown” slide and text review.
- Journal review from the following sources: Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Archives of Dermatology, Journal of Dermatologic Surgery and Oncology, Journal of Investigative Dermatology, British Journal of Dermatology, Cutis, Journal of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology, The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, Practical Dermatology, and other pertinent references.
- Basic/clinical science lecture series over a three year residency training period to cover a broad spectrum of dermatologic topics including the following: anatomy, allergy, physiology of the skin, histopathology, bacteriology, virology, genetics, histology, immunology, mycology, oncology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, embryology, photobiology, radiation oncology, serology, primary therapeutic modalities, and additional topics per house staff.
- Monthly “Dermatology Grand Rounds” at Wayne State University.
- Michigan Osteopathic Dermatology Society meetings as scheduled.
- American Osteopathic College of Dermatology annual and mid-year meetings.
- American Academy of Dermatology annual or midyear meetings.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
For more information on Lakeland's Dermatology Residency Program please contact:
Dr. Mark Kuriata, Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Wright, Medical Education Coordinator, email@example.com
Tori Lucker, Administrative Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org