- Hometown: Jeffersonville, OH
- Undergraduate Education: Ohio State University
- Medical School: College of Medicine, Ohio State University
- Fellowship: Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Cincinnati, Ohio
- Hobbies/Interests: Gardening, photography, genealogy, grandchildren
Why Lakeland? I became a doctor with the goal of becoming a medical missionary. After graduation from the fellowship, my goal was to get on the mission field within 2 years. I was interviewed by my residency to come back as an ID doc. When asked, can I work two years and then leave to be a missionary? They responded no. I was recruited by the Southwestern Medical Clinic, which encouraged me to become a missionary. While working as a missionary, the SWMC offered me employment at Lakeland every four years when I would spend a year in the States “on furlough”. I am thankful for the way I was supported through employment and encouraged to continue my career as a full time missionary through SWMC, which has subsequently merged with Lakeland.