Exercise and Activity
The type and amount of activity that is right for you will vary if you have mild, moderate, severe or very severe COPD. Pace yourself and take frequent rest breaks. Check with your doctor before starting any exercise program.
Prepare for Exercise
If you are using an inhaler, use it before your exercise time. This will make it easier for your lungs.
Live Healthier with Exercise
Without some exercise, your muscles can weaken. This will make breathing more dicult. Walk and stay active!
Follow these tips:
- Take it slow
- Stop and rest when you feel short of breath
- Pick a place to walk that you enjoy
- Ask a friend or someone in your family to join you
- Go out when you feel your best
- Ask your doctor for tips on exercise
Stop immediately if you have chest pain!