Over the past year, Lakeland was honored to receive the following recognition on the community, state, and national levels.
- In honor of its successful use of health IT to improve patient care while reducing costs, Lakeland Health received Stage 7 revalidation on the HIMSS Analytics Electronic Medical Record Adoption Model (EMRAM)™ for its three hospitals and 15 of its 34 ambulatory clinics.
- The broadcast campaign “Get Back to Living the Life You Love” was named a bronze winner in the 37th Annual Telly Awards. The goal of the campaign, which portrayed a grandmother riding a bicycle alongside her grandson, was to encourage community members to not let joint pain limit them from the activities they enjoy and to seek out a Lakeland orthopedic surgeon.
- The Lakeland Care Network Continuing Medical Education (CME) program became one of only 15 programs in Michigan to earn six-year Accreditation with Commendation from the Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS).
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) awarded Lakeland Health a distinguished three-star rating for its patient care and outcomes in medication administration in isolated coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) procedures for the second year in a row. The three-star rating, which denotes the highest category of quality, places Lakeland among the elite for heart bypass surgery in the United States and Canada.
- Lakeland Health was recognized with a Governor’s Award of Excellence on behalf of the organization’s work in four key areas including: diabetes management, heart health, adult immunizations, and lowering the risk of infections.
- For the third year, Lakeland Health was named to the Most Wired™ list, released by the American Hospital Association’s (AHA) Health Forum. Most Wired hospitals are using smart phones, telehealth, and remote monitoring to create more ways for patients to access health care services and capture health information.
- Lakeland Medical Center, St. Joseph was awarded The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Primary Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement.