Lakeland Earns Awards for Marketing and Communications
Jun 3, 2015
(ST. JOSEPH) – Lakeland Health recently received national recognition from the Aster Awards and the Healthcare Advertising Awards for its marketing and communications efforts. The award-winning projects were implemented by the organization’s Marketing and Communications department, led by Megan Yore, Chief Communications Officer and Director of Marketing for Lakeland Health, and a team of professionals specializing in communications, graphic design, social media, videography, and web development.
Lakeland was honored with two national Aster Awards:
- Gold Award – logo design/letterhead for a health system. The winning entry featured distinct logos to represent each of the specialized, home-based services that comprise Lakeland at Home: Lakeland CallSafe, Lakeland Help at Home, Lakeland Home Infusion, Lakeland Homecare, and Lakeland HouseCalls.
- Bronze Award -- internal publication for a health system. This award recognized the Marketing and Communications department’s annual report, which highlighted the team’s key accomplishments in relation to supporting system-wide goals.
The Aster Awards program is an elite, national competition that recognizes excellence in healthcare marketing. Participants include both facility-staffed marketers as well as marketing agency professionals. Entries are judged by a panel of independent experts, and a winning designation represents a top-tier score among similar-sized organizations. Judging criteria included creativity, layout and design, functionality, message effectiveness, production quality and overall appeal. Winning entries are published in the Marketing Healthcare Today magazine.
32nd Annual Healthcare Advertising Awards
Lakeland was also the winner of three Healthcare Advertising Awards:
- Gold Award – internal publication category for the Marketing and Communications department’s annual report
- Bronze Award – logo category for the Lakeland at Home logo series.
- Merit Award -- total integrated campaign category for the “da Vinci Masterpiece” campaign, which utilized print, online, and video media to communicate the benefits of Lakeland’s robotic surgery program.
More than 3,700 entries were received for this year’s Healthcare Advertising Awards, making it the largest and oldest healthcare advertising awards competition. A national panel of judges reviewed all entries based on creativity, quality, message effectiveness, consumer appeal, graphic design, and overall impact. These awards are sponsored by Healthcare Marketing Report.
Pictured above is the award-winning Lakeland at Home logo.