We’ve updating our electronic medical files to a new system!
In June, the Marie Yeager Cancer Center began using a new information system. You may notice some delays or a longer wait time on the phones as our staff continues learning.
Throughout the past few months, medical oncologists and oncology staff at Lakeland have been training in preparation to go live on Epic.
We have upgraded to synchronize with the rest of our health organization and to better serve you.
If you are a MyChart user, you will now be able to see your Marie Yeager Cancer Center and Lakeland Cancer Specialists appointments, labs, prescriptions, and treatment information in your electronic account.
Our office appreciates your support and patience during this exciting time!
Our new information system will contain care data from across our organization! As a result, it will provide our healthcare staff with quicker access and much more information than would be expected in several traditional paper charts. This allows us to spend more time caring for you by:
- Helping us keep better track of your health information.
- Reminding us about health screenings and preventive care.
- Ensuring we have your lab results and other information we need to treat you, avoiding duplicate tests.
- Helping us track medications you’re taking which can reduce complications, including drug errors and negative reactions.
- Protecting your medical records in the event of a natural disaster so that your information will be available to your physician.