Lakeland Health Foundations Supports Our Community
Since our inception in 1984, the Lakeland Health Foundations have distributed over $25 million in gifts to improve and enhance medical care to thousands of patients, including the following projects and more:
Over $300,000 contributed toward technology and equipment:
- Breast MRI
- Heart Center EKG system infrastructure
- Linear accelerator
- Neurosciences Global Positioning System
- State-of-the-art mammotomy technology/equipment
- Summit Quality Software for the Heart Center
In addition, the Foundations support:
- An Associate In Need program available to eligible Associates to assist with basic and emergency needs.
- The Berrien County Professional Health Careers Academy by providing an annual grant of $45,000 to assist with tuition, books and uniforms for up to forty Berrien County students. This program was honored with the State of Michigan's 2006 "Excellence in Practice" award and is being used as a model for the creation of similar programs across the country.
- A variety of community initiatives through the generous donation of time, talent and treasure by our valued Board Members.