As a Patient Centered Medical Home, our medical providers work with case managers and health educators who can help you eat healthier, exercise more, and stop smoking. As part of this collaborative care team, your provider may recommend that you meet with them to help you achieve your health goals.
Your Role Within the Care Team
Preparing for Your Appointment
You have a team of medical providers working together to make your visit as helpful to you as possible. Here are a few things you can do to ensure your appointment is a success:
- Bring all of your current medications in their original containers to your appointment. Please include over-the-counter medications, prescriptions, and vitamins you take on a daily basis.
- Make a list of your health questions, putting the most important questions at the top. We’ll answer as many as we can during your appointment, but may need to schedule another appointment to answer all of your questions.
- You’re welcome to bring a family member or trusted friend with you to your appointment.
During Your Appointment
- Ask the most important questions from your list first and track which questions have been answered.
- Be sure you know what you need to do before you leave the office. Repeat the instructions you’ve been given to your doctor or appropriate member of your care team.
- Talk to your provider and care team about what health issues you should work on first.
- Write down the name of each member of your care team and ask how they can be reached in case you have a question or concern that needs to be addressed.