A total of $16,000 in scholarship awards to be applied to Tuition expenses.
High School or College students are eligible to apply providing they meet the following criteria:
- Current, active Lakeland volunteer with a minimum of 6 months of service AND a minimum of 75 hours donated annually (from April 1 - March 31st)
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Applicant must be pursuing a career in the human health care field
- Applicants may apply annually for up to 4 years
- Additional criteria for the administration of the selection process will include:
- High School/College Transcript
- Letters of recommendation
All Finalists will be contacted for a personal interview
- Academic letter of recommendation (school personnel)
- Letter of recommendation from a community/personal reference
- Letter of recommendation from the supervisor in the area where student is volunteering.
- Letter of recommendation from the Volunteer Supervisor.
The Lakeland Health Foundations administers the disbursement of all funds. The Lakeland HealthCare Auxiliary oversees the selection of all scholarship recipients.
- Application materials are available February 1 of each year
- All application materials must be postmarked by March 31
- Scholarships are awarded in June at a Lakeland Health Foundations Ceremony
- If recipient is a high school senior, a presentation will also be made at the individual's school awards ceremony by the Lakeland HealthCare Auxiliary
To apply, print, fill out and return the Scholarship Application Form along with all additional information outlined above by March 31st.