Volunteer for Caring Circle
Support your community, make a difference
Caring Circle represents a range of programs offered for quality
of life care, and includes the following:
- Transitions is a volunteer support program, provided in
the comfort of your home, to help people and their loved
ones cope with advanced progressive illnesses.
- HouseCalls brings expert primary medical care directly
to the home, and may be an option for those who have
serious or chronic conditions, and who are unable to
travel to a physician’s office or clinic to receive care.
- Palliative Care can help manage symptoms, relieve
suffering, and increase quality of life for those living with
a chronic, life-limiting illness, and can be used alongside
- Hospice at Home is the oldest, largest, non-profit
hospice organization in the area that focuses on caring
for people and their entire family, keeping in mind what is
important to you.
- The Merlin and Carolyn Hanson Hospice Center is a
home-away-from-home for people who need additional
support in the final weeks of life.
- Bereavement Care provides complementary resources
to support clients, their families, and loved ones as they
cope with grief.
Caring Circle is seeking compassionate people to volunteer locally
and help make a difference in the lives of clients and their families.
No medical knowledge is required, and all necessary training will
be provided by Caring Circle.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Providing friendly visits and companionship to clients at
their home/nursing facility
- Sitting with clients while their spouse/caregiver is away
- Driving clients to medical appointments and grocery store
- Providing pet visits
- Hair and nail care
- Sewing projects
- Cooking, meal preparation, and baking
- Helping with light housekeeping
- Maintenance/handy person
- Playing music, including the piano
- Preparing and delivering baked goods to the
Hanson Hospice Center
- Helping with light housekeeping around the
Hanson Hospice Center
- Other jobs that match your interests and talents
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for any of the
Caring Circle programs please contact our volunteer coordinator at
(269) 429-7100 or visit www.caring-circle.org for more information.