Preparing for Your Appointment
Our team of medical providers works with you to help you meet your health goals. You, your provider, and the rest of the care team work together to make your visit as helpful to you as possible. Here are a few things you can do to ensure your appointment is a success:
- Bring your current medications in their original containers to your appointment – including over-the-counter medications, prescriptions, and vitamins you take on a regular basis.
- Make a list of your health questions, with the most important at the top. We will answer as many questions as we can during your appointment but may need to schedule another appointment to answer every one of your questions.
- Feel welcome to bring a family member or trusted friend with you to your appointment
During Your Appointment
- Ask the most important questions from your list first and track which questions have been answered.
- Be sure you know what you need to do before you leave the office. Repeat the instructions you have been given to your doctor or appropriate member of your care team.
- Talk to your provider and care team about what health issues you should work on first.
- Write down the name of each member of your care team and ask how they can be reached in case you have a question or concern that needs to be addressed.
To schedule or re-schedule an appointment, save time and use your Lakeland MyChart account, or call our practice. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to allow time to check-in. We reserve the right to re-schedule an appointment if you are more than 10 minutes late. Please allow 24-hour notice for appointment cancellations.
Patient Financial Advocates
If you have difficulty managing the balance on your account, we are here to help develop a plan. Alternate payment arrangements can be made with a patient financial advocate by calling (844) 408-4103 or (269) 428-5007.
A Patient Financial Advocate can also:
- Answer questions about your bill
- Assist with financial assistance applications
- Complete Health Exchange/Medicaid application
- Provide estimates for future services
- Set up low-interest payment plans