Winter storms can pack a wallop. But, people who prepare
before temperatures plummet are more likely to stay safe and healthy during winter months. Before winter sets in take these
steps to prepare your home:
- Install a carbon monoxide (CO) detector that will sound in
the presence of this deadly, odorless, colorless gas. Leave the house right away and call 911 if it sounds.
- Stock up on water and nonperishable foods that don’t
need to be cooked.
- Have your heating system serviced to make sure it’s
clean and working properly.
- Install smoke detectors and check batteries
- Put together an emergency kit for both
your house and car.