Save Energy and Breathe Easy
Many people with heart or lung conditions get tired very easily. Follow these suggestions to help you feel your best.
- Plan your activities
- Rest four to ve times a day
- Do not be afraid to ask for help
- Wait for one hour after meals to do activities
- Sit on a stool when showering, shaving, preparing meals, etc.
Use these positions if you get short of breath:
- Rest your feet at on the oor
- Lean your chest slightly forward
- Rest your elbows on your knees or rest your chin on your hands
- You may also rest your arms on a table or your head on some pillows
- Lie on your side with a pillow between your legs and elevate your head with pillows
- Lie on your side with three or four pillows beneath you
- Stand and lean forward, resting your arms on the back of a chair
- Lean the lower half of your back against a wall, with your feet 12 inches in front