Over the past year, Lakeland was honored to receive the following recognition on the community, state, and national levels.
- Spectrum Health Lakeland received a three-year full accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons. The NAPBC is a group of 20 national organizations dedicated to the improvement of the quality of care and monitoring of outcomes of patients with diseases of the breast.
- The American College of Cardiology (ACC) has recognized Lakeland hospitals in Niles and St. Joseph with Chest Pain Center Accreditation for their demonstrated expertise and commitment in treating patients with chest pain.
- Lakeland Health was recognized with a Governor’s Award of Excellence on behalf of the organization’s work in four key areas including: diabetes management, heart health, adult immunizations, and lowering the risk of infections.
- For the third year, Lakeland Health was named to the Most Wired™ list, released by the American Hospital Association’s (AHA) Health Forum. Most Wired hospitals are using smart phones, telehealth, and remote monitoring to create more ways for patients to access health care services and capture health information.
- Lakeland Medical Center, St. Joseph was awarded The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Primary Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement.
- Van’s Medical Equipment of Lakeland, a durable home medical equipment company, achieved the Award of Accreditation from the Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation. This accreditation is awarded to home medical equipment companies that demonstrate a high level of quality practices in their business operations and patient care techniques.