We're here to help
There are as many ways to grieve as there are people and it may be difficult to know where to begin your grief healing journey. Lory's Place provides regularly scheduled peer support group sessions that allow children and adults to interact with peers who have suffered similar loss, or who are experiencing anticipatory grief. Lory's Place also offers a school outreach program, providing staff education and support, as well as peer grief supports in elementary, middle, and high school.
Process for Participating at Lory's Place
- Call Lory’s Place anytime to begin the process (269) 983-2707. We encourage the parent or guardian to make this call. The staff member who takes your call will ask for basic information such as your name, address, who died and when.
- The Family Services Coordinator will return your call within one day of your initial call. You will be asked to give more detail about the circumstances of the death and how your family is doing. You will discuss if Lory’s Place is the right service for your family at this time. You will receive information about an orientation meeting or be given referrals.
- At the orientation meeting you will receive information about Lory’s Place, requirements for participation and a tour. You will be able to ask questions at that time as well.
- After the orientation meeting if you are interested in attending group, you will need to complete and return the adult information form and other packet materials that need your initials or signature.
- When we receive the paperwork, you are ready to begin.