We Want You to Feel Comfortable Asking Questions
It is important to communicate your feelings, questions, and concerns with your doctor prior to having surgery. The following suggestions may help to improve communication between you and your doctor:
- If you do not understand your doctor's responses, ask questions until you do.
- Take notes, or ask a family member or friend to accompany you and take notes for you.
- Ask your doctor to write down his or her instructions, if necessary.
- Ask your doctor where you can find printed material about your condition. Many doctors have this information in their offices.
- If you still have questions, ask the doctor where you can go for more information.