We offer breastfeeding services at the Center for Outpatient Services, St. Joseph. Services are offered by appointment only.
Our services include:
- Private consultations with a breastfeeding counselor
- Baby weight assessment checks to confirm adequate input (feeding)
- Custom fittings to ensure the proper nursing bra fit
- Product delivery to moms at Lakeland’s Niles and St. Joseph hospitals; for same day delivery, call (269) 556-2808 by 10:00 a.m.
Please call (269) 927-5355 to make an appointment with a lactation consultant.
Free Breastfeeding Counseling
If things don’t go as planned when you begin breastfeeding your newborn, our certified breastfeeding experts can offer help during this special time with your baby. Only a minor change may be needed to create a positive and successful breastfeeding routine. For more information or to schedule a free appointment, call (269) 927-5355
Free Breastfeeding Support Group
Led by Certified Lactation Consultant Denise Lenardson, RN, this support group provides a forum for breastfeeding women to gain confidence, support, and guidance. A scale for weighing babies will also be available during the meetings.
Every Wednesday (except holidays)
11:00 a.m. to noon
Center for Outpatient Services, St. Joseph
Pharmacy Conference Room
Preregistration is not required; walk-ins are welcome. For more information, call (269) 927-5355
Breastfeeding Classes for Moms and Dads
Lakeland offers ongoing monthly breastfeeding classes in Niles and St. Joseph. The classes coverbreastfeeding basics including:
- The benefits of breastfeeding
- How to know when your baby is hungry
- Proper latch-on methods
- Checking your baby’s input (feeding) and output (dirty or wet diapers)
- How to prepare for returning to work
For more information or to register, call (269) 927-5355
Breast Pump Rentals
Renting a breast pump is a nice option for new mothers who want to see if breastfeeding will work for them before committing to a large purchase. It may also help those who cannot afford to buy a new breast pump – with breast pump rental you pay as you go. Powerful, hospital-grade breast pumps are also good for new mothers who are pumping to establish a milk supply, such as moms of NICU babies.