Physical Medicine & Rehab Opportunity at Lakeland Health
Overview of Highlights
Are you passionate about rehab care and interested in a flexible practice with leadership opportunities? Lakeland Health is seeking a patient-centered board-certified Physiatrist to join our growing CARF-accredited program in Southwest Michigan.
Bring your experience and expertise to our passionate and dedicated team. Opportunities include inpatient and/or outpatient physical medicine and rehab. Excellent compensation package!
Inpatient team cares for patients on our beautiful 16-bed CARF-accredited acute rehab unit at Lakeland Hospital, Watervliet. This is a great growth opportunity as the unit has the capacity to expand to 25 beds in the future - rooms are ready and waiting! Epic electronic health records. Multi-disciplinary team works closely with other specialties throughout the system and community.
Outpatient clinic time and space available depending on your desired practice.
Below you will find an outline of our model for inpatient coverage and consults. This is meant to provide you with a general expectation of how the service operates. However, there is room for flexibility depending on team and provider preference.
- (CVA, CIIRP) CARF-accredited Post-Acute Rehab Unit at Lakeland Hospital, Watervliet
- Rounds twice daily for on-site coverage, admissions, and discharges
- Admissions, 11am - 6pm
- Weekly Team Conference on Tuesdays or Thursdays
- Daily progress notes for 9-12 patients
- History and Physical note completed within 24 hours of admission
- Discharge notes completed within 48 hours of discharge
- Call coverage 7am - 7pm (home-call when off-site)
- Support inpatient consult service at Lakeland Medical Center, St. Joseph
- Support inpatient consult service at Lakeland Hospital, Niles
- Support consult service at Pine Ridge: 111-bed sub-acute rehab facility owned by Lakeland
- Support consult service at Caretel Inns of Lakeland, assisted living and skilled-nursing facility
Lakeland Health, ranked one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the nation in 2017 by Truven Analytics – IBM Watson Health, is a teaching hospital, offering residencies in Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Dermatology. We also host 3rd and 4th year medical students from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Central Michigan University College of Medicine.
Recruitment & Benefits Package
- Competitive market-based compensation
- Health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance/retirement benefits
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance provided in accordance with policy
- Interview expenses covered
Southwest Michigan is home to Whirlpool Corporation’s Global Headquarters and Andrews University – one of the most diverse college campuses in the United States. One of the most affordable places to live in Michigan, we offer a peaceful, relaxed quality of life, with a wide variety of outdoor and cultural activities only 90 minutes from downtown Chicago.
Click Here to Apply Now!
To learn more, please contact Chad Simcox at email@example.com or (269) 985-4485.