Apply Now for Leadership Development Program, Cohort 7
Jun 11, 2019
Lakeland University is excited to announce the launch of the next cohort in the leadership development program, Leading Toward the Future. The program prepares and develops leaders at all levels to take on new challenges as health care, business, and leadership continue to change at lightning speed.
Any leader (formal or informal) interested in participating can apply. The program is offered over an 18-month period as monthly half-day sessions in order to make it easier for all leaders to be part of the program.
This is a very intensive, ambitious, yet practical program, designed to engage and grow leaders and their skills and abilities – whether you have been a leader for years, are a new leader, or you have aspirations to become a leader.
This program is focused on developing leadership skills and behaviors, such as collaboration, leadership styles, emotional intelligence, curiosity during crucial conversations and using conflict effectively, developing relationships, resilience to change, and many others. The program includes the following:
- A personal development plan for each participant, including a 360° feedback process and other assessments;
- Group or cohort sessions focused on learning new approaches and skills and taught by leaders and Lakeland University
- “Homework” (some assigned, some self-selected) involving reading, writing, reflection, and application to real-world examples and experiences;
- Small group coaching sessions held monthly; and
- An action learning (real-world application) project
The time commitment for each participant (which may vary from person to person) is about 40 hours per month or 10 hours per week. Some time is likely to occur outside of working hours.
Participants must meet three requirements to apply:
- Be a Spectrum Health Lakeland associate for a minimum of one year in either a formal leadership position or an informal leadership role
- Able to commit to full and active participation given the estimated time commitments
- Have the support of your immediate leader (via a written recommendation letter)
Applications will be reviewed anonymously to ensure fair and objective selection. This program is limited to 20 participants. Participants will be announced in August and will begin their personal development plan, along with assessments and one-on-one meetings, in late August. The first cohort session is scheduled for Wednesday, September 11.
Find more information and the application packet on the Lakeland Hub at https://lakelandregional.sharepoint.com/lu_site/ltf_site/SitePages/Home.aspx
All applications must be submitted by midnight on Monday, July 15.
Please contact Sandi Plank at email@example.com or (269) 927-5383 or Gwen Day firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 982-4976 with any additional questions.