Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Sep 19, 2018
School is back in full swing and your schedule is likely filling up fast. But don’t let that be the reason your healthy eating habits take a back seat. Sheet pan dinners make for a fast weeknight meal option and are sure to please the whole family. Plus, they can be adapted with so many different fresh, healthy ingredients that you’ll never get tired of eating the same thing week after week.
"Sheet pan meals can be prepped ahead of time and drastically cut down on dirty dishes, which saves significant clean up time,” said registered dietitian, Nicole Morrissey, RD. “Following simple recipes ensures each component of the meal is cooked properly to avoid under or over-cooking. Including flavorful spices and heart healthy oils in the cooking process can also help create big flavor in a healthy way!”
Ingredients: (6 servings)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, chili powder and remaining spices (through paprika), set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bell peppers and onion; toss with 2 Tbsp of the oil. Sprinkle with about half of the spice mixture and toss again. Transfer peppers and onions to a large, rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- To the same bowl, add shrimp and remaining 1 Tbsp of oil; toss. Sprinkle with remaining spices, toss again.
- After 10 minutes, remove the peppers and onions from the oven and add the shrimp and spread evenly over the baking sheet. Bake and additional 6-8 minutes or until the shrimp are pink. Switch oven to broil setting at 350 degrees F and broil for 2-3 minutes until shrimp are cooked through.
Nutrition Information (4oz shrimp with peppers and onions):
193 calories, 8.2g carbohydrates, 24g protein, 9.2g fat, 1g sugar, 660mg sodium