Do you have a passion for medicine and a calling to help those in need? Southwestern Medical Clinic Foundation offers scholarships to qualified medical students and residents who have a strong interest in gaining valuable clinical experience while serving on an international or domestic Christian medical mission trip. For more information about our scholarship program, please see additional details below.
Apply for a Scholarship
- Applications will be a third- or fourth-year medical student enrolled in an approved U.S. medical school OR a resident enrolled in an approved clinical training program in the U.S.
- Recipients will participate in a medical mission for a minimum of two weeks.
- Recipients will use the awarded funds for a trip that is to be completed within 12 months of the award date.
Our application process is as follows:
- Completed scholarship applications need to be submitted online at least 90 days prior to the date of your intended trip.
- Candidates will be interviewed in-person or by phone.
- Candidates will be notified of acceptance within three weeks.
Our mission is to provide scholarships so medical students and residents like yourself can gain valuable experience while helping people in need. As a scholarship recipient, we want to share your experience with others who are considering medical missions work. Following your trip:
- Recipients are required to submit a detailed, typed report with pictures to SWMCF within 30 days after completion of trip. Your story will be shared on SWMCF’s website, social media, and with Lakeland Health employees. Please email your stories and photos to email@example.com.
(All names and photos must be approved by the individuals represented. Stories will be edited for grammar, spelling, clarity, and length.) Read about experiences others have had HERE.
- SWMCF may invite recipients to give an in-person presentation of their experience to staff and providers at Southwestern Medical Clinic in St. Joseph, Michigan. The clinic will cover relevant expenses.