Specialized Care to Help Heal Your Wounds
Do you suffer from a slow-healing wound due to diabetes, poor circulation, a severe cut, or trauma?
Do recurrent wounds prevent you from doing the things you want to do?
Have you lost hope that you will find relief for your non-healing wound?
We help speed up the healing process for patients suffering from severe wounds.
Many of our patients come to us after they’ve exhausted all other options for their wound care. Even in severe cases, perhaps when amputation appears to be the only choice, we encourage you to meet with us to talk about your medical condition.
At the Lakeland Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine we treat the whole person, not just the wound. You are an important part of the healing process, as wound care often requires a commitment to a series of treatments over a period of time.
Medicine Can Help
Effective treatments can help heal wounds. Our team of dedicated wound care specialists includes doctors, nurses, therapists, and other medical professionals. Together they use the latest treatments so you feel better and get back to enjoying life.
What to Expect
During your first appointment, we’ll learn about your health history and may recommend and perform tests.
- We’ll develop an individualized plan for your care, and discuss the plan with you. We also update and include your primary care doctor at your request.
- You will begin a treatment plan tailored to your needs, which may include specialized wound treatments, medications, nutritional support, exercise, or physical therapy.
- Your healing will be closely monitored until you are released from our care.
Advanced Treatment Options
As specialists in wound care, we have experience with cutting-edge products and treatments to promote optimum healing.
- Our equipment measures the rate of blood flow and oxygen within the skin - both important indicators of your overall skin health.
- We use products that are scientifically engineered to support tissue growth.
- We are trained to preform skin graft substitutes like Apligraf® and Dermagraft®.
- We protect and heal tissues with specialized dressings.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Physicians have used hyperbaric medicine since the 1800's to successfully treat a variety of conditions. Medicare recognizes hyperbaric medicine as a reimbursable treatment for many diagnoses, including:
- Bone infections that are not responsive to other treatments
- Diabetic Wounds
- Difficult-to-heal skin grafts or surgical flaps
- Gas gangrene
- “Lumpy jaw” - a bacterial infection typically affecting the face and neck
- Radiation tissue damage
- Severe anemia
- Severe bacterial infection
- Thermal burns
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy exposes your body to 100% oxygen in a pressurized environment which helps heal damaged tissue by:
- Promoting the creation of new blood vessels
- Saturating the bloodstream with 100% rich oxygen
- Enhancing your body’s ability to fight infection and kill bacteria
- Reducing swelling and inflammation
- Improving the rate of healing
Meet Our Care Team
Our physicians and associates at the Lakeland Center for Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine have specialized training in this type of medicine. Our lead physicians are board-certified in Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine.
Jose Gomez, MD
Family Practice - Hyperbaric Medicine Fellowship
Laurence Habenicht, MD
John Howard, MD
Edward Lanigan, MD
Krista Schulte, NP
Julian Lewiecki, MSA
Linda Mills, RN, BSN, CWS