Crustless Pumpkin Pie
Dec 11, 2018
Parties and family gatherings are a staple of the holiday season, but with so many delicious options, it can make staying on track difficult. Don’t let the holidays weigh you down! Finding healthy alternatives to your favorite holiday dishes is easier than you might think.
“With two-thirds fewer calories and 85 percent less fat than original pumpkin pie, this crustless option is both a crowd pleaser and better for your health,” said registered dietitian, Nicole Morrissey, RD. “Baking your pies without crust is a great way to keep things health-conscious while still treating yourself to your favorite holiday food favorites.”
Ingredients: (8 servings)
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 oz) can low-fat evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Mist pie dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until well blended.
- Pour into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack
Nutrition Information (per 1/8 pie):
111 calories, 2.6 g fat, 46 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 19.4 g carbohydrate, 1.6 g fiber, 4.5 g protein, 16.3 g sugar