Thanks to many generous donors - the Foundations have been able to support technology, facilities and services that assist in providing the very best healthcare for patients and families in Southwest Michigan. Listed below are some of the areas that have benefited from strong community support.
Since its inception, the foundation has received over 25 million dollars to further the goals of Lakeland HealthCare. Donations have helped acquire the best medical equipment, facilities and services including:
- Marie Yeager Cancer Care Center (2011)
- Patient addition (2009)
- Scholarships and Grants totaling more than $900,000 to Lakeland associates for Education and Skills Training in nursing and the Allied Health Skills.
- Golf Gala Charity Events (raising over $500,000 for equipment and services)
- Center for Outpatient Services (2003)
- Frederick S. Upton Education Center (1997)
- Mercy Clinic renovation (1997)
- Continuing Care Center renovation (1992)
- Emergency Room expansion renovation (1992)
- Linear Accelerator (1989)
- Rehabilitation (1988)
- Over $11.2 million contributed toward facility renovation and expansion
- Over $322,000 contributed toward Community Outreach Services
- Over $300,000 contributed toward technology and equipment?
In addition, the Foundations support:
- An annual scholarship program that has provided more than $900,000 in scholarships and grants to Lakeland Associates & Departments
- An Associate In Need program available to eligible Associates to assist with basic, emergency needs.
- The Berrien County Professional Health Careers Academy by providing an annual grant of $45,000 to assist with tuition, books and uniforms for up to forty Berrien County students. This program was honored with the State of Michigan's 2006 "Excellence in Practice" award and is being used as a model for the creation of similar programs across the country.
- A variety of community initiatives through the generous donation of time, talent and treasure by our valued Board Members.