Learning through Shadowing
Interested in shadowing a health care provider in a health care setting, an observer is typically on site for eight hours or less.
Lakeland Health welcomes and encourages students and observers to participate in both structured and observational experiences throughout the organization. Thank you for taking the time to review these important guidelines to ensure the best experience for both you and our patients at Lakeland Health.
Please review and fill out the forms below:
Observer Orientation Handbook
High Performance Culture
Observer Orientation Completion Form (Please print, sign, & bring to Observation site)
Observer Application form
Parental Consent Form (Please print and secure signatures if needed)
Observer Agreement (Please print, sign, & bring to Observation site)
Drug Screen for Observers
Reference Guide & Requirements for Observers
- Orientation Handbook
- Orientation completion form:
- Orientation Agreement
- Patient Safety Commitment
- High-Performance Commitment
- Confidentiality Statement
- Observer Application
- Parental consent if required
- If observational experience will exceed 16 hours, the observer will complete the student requirements to include proof of additional hours needed, immunizations, drug screen, and background check.
- If observer is not affiliated with a school system, they must adhere to the student process to include 5 panel drug screen and criminal background checks.
- Influenza - required for placement that will occur during flu season; October 1 through April 30.
If an observer will have regular, ongoing, or direct access to any of the patient/resident populations listed below for 120 hours or more, they will be required to obtain fingerprints prior to beginning clinical privileges:
- Hospice at Home
- Lakeland Medical Center, St. Joseph-Psychiatric Services
- Lakeland Homecare
- Pine Ridge
For further questions on the fingerprint process, contact Kori Borr, Coordinator, Students and Observers, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 927-5193.