Physical Medicine & Rehab Opportunity at Lakeland Health
Overview of Highlights
Lakeland Health is seeking a patient-centered board-certified Physiatrist to join our growing CARF-accredited team in Southwest Michigan. You'll find experienced and dedicated providers and staff who are passionate about serving our patients and community - plus a flexible practice that offers opportunities in both inpatient and/or outpatient PM&R. Excellent compensation plan and ability to be one of the key stakeholders for this valued and respected specialty.
Inpatient team sees patients on our beautiful, recently renovated 16-bed acute rehab unit at Lakeland Hospital, Watervliet. This is a great growth opportuynity as the unit will be expanding to 25 beds in the future - rooms are ready and waiting! Epic elecontronic health records. Multi-disciplinary team, including medical director trained in PM&R and palliative medicine, works closely with other specialties throughout the system and community. Candidates with palliative and/or critical care experience a plus!
Outpatient clinic time and space available depending on your desired practice. Below you will find an outline of our model for inpatient coverage and consults. This is to provide you with a general expectation of how the service operates; the model in place after recruiting an additional provider may be different depending on team and provider preference.
- (CVA, CIIRP) CARF-accredited Post-Acute Rehabilitation Center at Lakeland Hospital, Watervliet
- Rounds twice daily for on-site unit coverage, admissions and discharges
- Admissions between 11am - 6pm
- Weekly Team conference Tuesday or Thursday, except when covering vacations
- Daily progress notes for 9-12 patients
- History and Physical note completed within 24 hours of admission
- Discharge notes completed within 48 hours of discharge
- Call coverage 7am - 7pm (home-call when off-site)
- Support inpatient consult service at Lakeland Medical Center, St. Joseph
- Support inpatient consult service at Lakeland Hospital, Niles
- Support consult service at Pine Ridge, a beautiful 111-bed sub-acute rehabilitation facility owned by Lakeland Health
- Support consult service at Caretel Inns of Lakeland, assisted living and skilled nursing facility in St. Joseph
Lakeland Health, ranked one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the nation in 2017 by Truven Analytics – IBM Watson Health, is a teaching hospital, offering residencies in Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Dermatology. We also host 3rd and 4th year medical students from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Central Michigan University College of Medicine.
Recruitment & Benefits Package
- Competitive market-based compensation
- Occurrence-based malpractice coverage (No Tail Coverage Required)
- Health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance/retirement benefits
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance provided in accordance with policy
- Interview expenses covered
Southwest Michigan is home to Whirlpool Corporation’s Global Headquarters and Andrews University – one of the most diverse college campuses in the United States. One of the most affordable places to live in Michigan, we offer a peaceful, relaxed quality of life, with a wide variety of outdoor and cultural activities only 90 minutes from downtown Chicago.
Click Here to Apply Now!
To learn more, please contact Chad Simcox at email@example.com or (269) 985-4485.