Physical Medicine & Rehab Opportunity at Lakeland Health
Overview of Highlights
Lakeland Health in southwest Michigan is seeking a patient-centered board-certified or board-eligible Physiatrist who is dedicated to providing the highest level of compassionate care. Also desire candidates with the vision and passion to help expand our program for the future. Palliative and/or critical care experience is a plus!
- (CVA, CIIRP) CARF-accredited Post-Acute Rehabilitation Center at Lakeland Hospital, Watervliet
- Total of 16 beds with expansion to 25 beds by summer 2018
- Rounds twice daily for on-site unit coverage, admissions and discharges
- Admissions between 11am-6pm
- Weekly Team conference Tuesday or Thursday, except when covering vacations
- Daily progress notes for 9-12 patients
- History and Physical note completed within 24 hours of admission
- Discharge notes completed within 48 hours of discharge
- Call coverage 7am-7pm (home-call when off-site)
- Support inpatient consult service at Lakeland Medical Center, St. Joseph
- Support inpatient consult service at Lakeland Hospital, Niles
- Support consult service at Pine Ridge, a beautiful 111-bed sub-acute rehabilitation facility owned by Lakeland Health
- Support consult service at Caretel Inns of Lakeland, assisted living and skilled nursing facility in St. Joseph
Epic electronic health records. Opportunity for outpatient PM&R as well. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals to build a legacy, create their desired practice, and start their journey to serve in a leadership capacity for the health system.
Lakeland Health, ranked one of 15 Top Health Systems in the nation in 2017 by Truven Analytics – IBM Watson Health, is a teaching hospital, offering residencies in Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Dermatology. We also host 3rd and 4th year medical students from Michigan State University and Des Moines University Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine.
Recruitment & Benefits Package
- Competitive market-based compensation
- Occurrence-based malpractice coverage (No Tail Coverage Required)
- Health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance/retirement benefits
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance provided in accordance with policy
- Interview expenses covered
Southwest Michigan is home to Whirlpool Corporation’s Global Headquarters and Andrews University – one of the most diverse college campuses in the United States. One of the most affordable places to live in Michigan, we offer a peaceful, relaxed quality of life, with a wide variety of outdoor and cultural activities only 90 minutes from downtown Chicago. Microbreweries, vineyards, golf-courses and other entertainment options keep singles and families busy all year long!
Click Here to Apply Now!
To learn more, please contact Chad Simcox at email@example.com or (269) 985-4485.