To be considered for the next grant period, applications are due by Tuesday, September 4, 2018. If your application is submitted after this date, it will be reviewed at the next quarterly meeting.
Click here to create an account and apply for the Community Wellness Endowment
Supporting our Community Wellness
The purpose of the Community Wellness Endowment is to support community organizations that promote community health and wellness. These initiatives must be sponsored by non-profit 501(c) (3) organizations that serve populations that are integral to the Lakeland service areas of Berrien, Van Buren and Cass Counties in Southwest Michigan.
The organizations seeking support must be in harmony with the mission and goals of Lakeland Health. Consideration will be given as one-year commitments, with the option to renew through re-application. A committee will give oversight and review all applications.
Criteria for Community Wellness Endowment
- Applicants must provide documentation verifying 501 (c) (3) status.
- Applicants will complete the online form and provide additional support, including a budget.
- Applications will be reviewed quarterly.
- The oversight committee reserves the rights to roll monies forward to the next application period.
- Applications from organizations that are currently funded will not be considered for new grants until the original grant has been fulfilled. *One grant per calendar year.
- Recipient organizations will be required to submit a report to Lakeland Health Foundations on a semi-annual basis demonstrating progress of the grant reaching its intended purpose.
- If allocated funds are no longer needed, the original purpose has changed or stated goals are not being met, the organization may be required to return the grant or resubmit for a revised program.
- Marketing and Communications opportunities will be determined on a situational basis in collaboration with Lakeland Health Foundations.
Grants will fund:
- Capital campaigns
- Start-up costs for a new initiatives (including operational costs)
- Program expansions
Grants will not fund:
- Lakeland affiliates
- Religious or political organizations for internal purposes
- Ongoing operating budgets
- Debt reduction
All funds distributed through the Community Wellness Endowment are designated specifically for charitable giving by Lakeland Health and managed by Lakeland Health Foundations.